The Hacker's Diet Online
How to lose weight and hair
through stress and poor nutrition
Date,,Weight,Trend,Variance,,Rung,Flag ,,,,,,, ,,Kilograms,,February 2007,,, Trend carry forward:,,,75.02,,,, 2/1/07,Thursday,75.2,75.0,0.17,75.0,36, 2/2/07,Friday,73.8,74.9,-1.11,75.0,36,1 2/3/07,Saturday,75.9,75.0,0.89,74.9,36,1 2/4/07,Sunday,74.2,74.9,-0.73,75.0,36,1 2/5/07,Monday,74.3,74.9,-0.57,74.9,36, 2/6/07,Tuesday,76.3,75.0,1.29,74.9,36,1 2/7/07,Wednesday,75.8,75.1,0.71,75.0,36, 2/8/07,Thursday,75.1,75.1,0.01,75.1,36,1 2/9/07,Friday,74.5,75.0,-0.53,75.1,36,1 2/10/07,Saturday,74.7,75.0,-0.30,75.0,36, 2/11/07,Sunday,75.0,75.0,0.00,75.0,36,1 2/12/07,Monday,74.0,74.9,-0.90,75.0,36,1 2/13/07,Tuesday,75.5,75.0,0.54,74.9,, 2/14/07,Wednesday,74.3,74.9,-0.59,75.0,36,1 2/15/07,Thursday,74.5,74.9,-0.35,74.9,, 2/16/07,Friday,73.9,74.8,-0.86,74.9,36, 2/17/07,Saturday,74.1,74.7,-0.59,74.8,36,1 2/18/07,Sunday,75.6,74.8,0.82,74.7,36,1 2/19/07,Monday,74.6,74.8,-0.16,74.8,36, 2/20/07,Tuesday,75.3,74.8,0.48,74.8,36,1 2/21/07,Wednesday,74.8,74.8,-0.02,74.8,36, 2/22/07,Thursday,74.5,74.8,-0.28,74.8,36,1 2/23/07,Friday,75.4,74.8,0.55,74.8,36, 2/24/07,Saturday,74.9,74.9,0.05,74.8,36,1 2/25/07,Sunday,75.0,74.9,0.13,74.9,36,1 2/26/07,Monday,74.9,74.9,0.03,74.9,36, 2/27/07,Tuesday,75.4,74.9,0.48,74.9,36,1 2/28/07,Wednesday,75.3,75.0,0.34,74.9,36,
- Date of the entry in the legacy U.S. format “M/D/YY”. For example, July 20th, 1999 is written as “7/20/99”. When importing CSV files in Excel formats, the ISO 8601 format of “YYYY-MM-DD” and the European legacy format of “DD.MM.YYYY” are accepted as well. Two digit years are assumed to be in the 1900s if 89 or greater (I started The Hacker's Diet in 1989) and in the 2000s otherwise.
- Day of the week in English. This field is exported for compatibility with the Excel spreadsheet design and ignored on import.
- Daily weight, as a decimal number. If no weight was recorded for the day, this field must contain a non-blank, non-numeric value; it may be used as a comment. When exporting databases in this format, days with no weight entry and no comment are indicated by a value of “---”.
- Current trend value as a decimal number. This field is exported for compatibility with the Excel spreadsheet layout and ignored on import.
- Current variance (weight−trend) as a signed decimal number. This field is exported for compatibility with the Excel spreadsheet layout and ignored on import.
- Last Trend
- Last trend value for a day with a weight specified. This is a decimal number field which is used in trend computation in the Excel spreadsheet and kept in a hidden column. It is exported purely for compatibility and ignored on import.
- Rung in the exercise program completed for this day. This is a whole number between 1 and 48, blank if no exercise was done on that day.
- This field sets the “Flag” checkbox in the Monthly Log, which you can use to record any significant daily yes or no item (for example, did you work out at the gym that day, or have pizza for lunch?). If the field is blank or “0” the flag is not set; a value of “1” sets it.
The Hacker's Diet
by John Walker